Previously

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Epic Rainbow layer cake


Our sweet Matilda Violet turned 13 this week.
I had seen the amazing rainbow layer cake on Pinterest which originated from whisk kid and I thought, how hard could it be? Thankfully my trusted baking partner is not faint hearted!
I loved making this cake to surprise the Birthday girl, her reaction when cutting into it made all the work worthwhile.

There is a video on Martha Stewart which was helpful as I had never made Swiss Meringue Buttercream. 
Go watch it I bet you'll want to make one too.

3 comments:

  1. I adore this cake. We constructed one (and it is an epic construction job, right!) for my daughter's rainbow party. It was soooo much fun when it was cut and all the children just cheered with the surprise.

    Happy birthday to your girl. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. woww! I saw a epic failed version of one on the craftfail website once but yours looks amazing! It looks too beautiful to eat though! x

    ReplyDelete