Previously

Saturday, February 20, 2010

New Camera

Christmas day 2009 was one that I was a little reluctant about, to say the least. This was the first Christmas day that I would not have the kids around, which made me want to avoid the world for fear of falling to bits. I booked myself in to work Christmas eve with my shift finishing at 7am. I simply wanted to sleep through the majority of the day to make it easier.
I had not made any firm plans for lunch or dinner despite offers aplenty. Sorted!
Then disaster! My shift was cancelled last minute ruining my master plan.
M and I went to our Christmas drinks and then spent a relaxing evening at home... just the two of us. I was secretly wondering how the following day would pan out now. 
When we woke on Christmas morning we had a leisurely breakfast and slowly opened presents. I have to admit I love looking at un-opened presents, it apeals to my inner child so much so that I don't want to open them as the surprise will be gone. I savoured each parcel taking my time. When I opened this particular gift I was stunned.... a fantastic Nikon Digital SLR  that I had been coveting for an eternity. My sweetheart is a great present buyer but truly excelled this time, it was the exact camera I had been wishing for. So instead of looking pouty all morning I was stalking the cats, setting up the tripod and losing myself in my new toy. This is one of the shots I captured that morning, Pierre looking adorable. Merry Christmas indeed!      

No comments:

Post a Comment